Saturday, October 25, 2008

The fun never stops!

Hello friends!
This week has, of course, been busy, but it has been full of good times too. On Tuesday night we went to a "Help Your Baby Sleep" seminar were we learned some good strategies and tips for doing just that--helping baby sleep. The seminar was at Babies R'Us; they put on a lot of seminars, so we'll continue to be on the lookout for some more that we can attend.
Wednesday was very busy; I had class all day, and then I got together with my friends Alex, Megan, and Emily--we studied for over two hours for our Bible as Literature midterm. (It was all worth it because the exam was pretty easy!) A little while later was my baby shower! Grandma Carter and Aunt Connie came so that was awesome to see them there. Brianna planned a wonderful shower with lots of goodies; I am so thankful for everything she did! We had a wonderful night--we ladies were laughing the entire time! I got a lot of great things: clothes, blankets, a bather, booties, lotions, toys, etc. Thanks again, Bri :) It was amazing! Here Chris is modeling "Daddy's Survival Apron," made especially for him by Grandma Carter. It comes complete with pockets for emergency numbers, a bottle, diapers, wipes, lotion, and pacifiers!This was Chris's favorite bib for Liz, so naturally I had to get a picture of him with it! I think my Dad would appreciate this bib, too!!*An enormous THANK YOU to the Chaffin's who are going to give us a rocker! They're awesome!
Thursday=Chris's Happy Birthday! My sweet old man turned 27. I bought him a new BYU hoodie for the special occasion. We celebrated with dinner at Los Hermanos, where the waiters and waitresses sung to Chris and even brought him some fried ice cream!
I got to campus early on Friday morning because President and Sister Sikahema and Lana came to town and they graciously treated us students from the stake to breakfast at Scoreboard Grill in the Cougareat. It is ALWAYS wonderful to see the Sikahema's here in Provo and to catch up on NJ news! They brought us Phillies gear--always a joy to support our Phillies! On Friday night, Chris's birthday festivities continued: we gathered the gang together at our apartment for some cake (pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting) and ice cream (pralines and caramel; vanilla). Here Chris is modeling his new Longhorns hoodie (thank you Holden's!) as well as modeling the "Hook 'em Horns" sign:
Making a wish before blowing out the candles!We then rushed off to the Provo Towne Center--we had tickets to see High School Musical 3! As for the movie itself, it was fun! Brought back memories of my own senior year haha, although I never broke out into song spontaneously ;) Really though, good movie! *See the first two before going to this one.
Oh yes--our Relief Society held a "Fantastic Friday" (aka Super Saturday, but on Friday). I made these for Lizzie's room: what do you think? We're going to get a small shelf and place these on top. I painted them to match her bedding :)
We went to the temple on Saturday morning; it was so nice and peaceful (isn't it always?). From the temple, we picked up Bri to come watch the BYU vs. UNLV game at our place because Steve was working. BYU won 42-35...well, we won. ha. We could've done better. Anyways, the Lee's stopped by with some Sonic drinks, which was very nice of them. The Carter's were up from Monroe so we met them at Costco to say hello and to catch up. We wanted to take the Stapley's out as our thank-you for putting together the baby shower. So, Steve finished work and we met at Olive Garden--too busy. So we all drove over to The Old Spaghetti Factory where there was no wait and enjoyed some goooood food. Of course we had to walk through the mall and we ladies got our rings cleaned. :D
Have a wonderful week--talk to you soon!

3 comments:

emily and kevin griffin said...

very cute blocks and pictures! i'm glad the baby shower went well! good job Brianna!

Suzy J said...

Did Aunt Connie give you baby blankets? I am soooo jealous you get to know what you are having! No cute blocks for this baby! No cute bedding! I won't even buy diapers. I will give Brandon a list at the hospital and he can deal with the crowds in December! There! I am done being angry! Anyway, I am glad you had a fun shower. Aunt Val is planning one for me the first week in Dec. I wish you could be here! Can't wait to read about next week! Love ya!

Tay said...

elizabeth will LOVE looking at those letters! They are so cute and those colors are babies favorites when they start seeing more color. :) LOVE IT!