Sunday, November 2, 2008

No-what? Oh, No-vember

Hello from rainy Provo! This past week has been awfully warm outside, but we got some relief today in the form of some showers. Once the clouds clear, I'm sure Mt. Timp will have some snow on top of it!
The most memorable thing about this week was the fact that the PHILLIES WON THE WORLD SERIES! 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS! Man, Chris and I were so excited. BEYOND excited. Delirious with joy! Because... I wore all my Phillies gear to school the next day and we also put some of the Phillies decals on the car (thanks, Sikahema's!). We're having some trouble finding Phillies gear out here, but my mom will be able to help us out when she flies out from the East in a few weeks for the baby! (Go to nbcphiladelphia.com/sports/baseball/phillies/ to see more pictures and read the stories!)
BYU won yesterday, 45-42, in Fort Collins, CO vs. Colorado State. The Rams gave us quite a scare, but we were able to pull through. We're still #17 in the polls. School has been absolutely insane. When people ask me when the baby is due, I reply how many weeks I have left, and then I suddenly remember that is how long I have until the end of school to finish two group presentations, three research papers, two more "midterms," etc. Once it's all over, I will be glad that we will have Liz to look forward to. :)
On Wednesday night, we went to a Halloween party hosted by Kevin and Emily Griffin over at Heritage Halls. Chris had the GREAT idea for our costumes: Resident Assistants! We put on khakis, our Residence Life shirts, our nametags, and headed over there. (I had to borrow one of Chris's shirts and tie the extra shirt material behind my back. We U Hall RAs never got our RA shirts, but if I had had one, I still would've had to borrow Chris's because I wouldn't have fit into the other!) We had a fun time, met some other Hall Advisors, and played some hilarious games. AND, we won the Most Adorable Costumes! haha It was great. We didn't have anything planned for Halloween on Friday night, but then the Holden's called us and invited us over to their apartment for some fun. We watched Spiderman 2 and enjoyed the candy! The Holden's dog, Bronco, was Spiderman, so the movie fit the theme appropriately! Steve was the Joker--that was a great costume. He does good Joker impersonations!
I came home from school on Friday afternoon to see a package on our steps. Sweet! I saw that it was from my dear friend Emma (we met our freshman year in DT because we lived right down the hall from each other!). She told me she was going to send me something, but I had forgotten, so this was a nice treat. I get inside, find the scissors, and open the package--I nearly fall off the couch because Emma had sent me a VERA BRADLEY BABY BAG AND MATCHING WALLET! I couldn't believe it! Emma knows me too well--she knows that I am obsessed with Vera Bradley! The two pieces are in Vera Bradley's newest pattern of Mediterranean Blue. Look how gorgeous! I can't wait to put the baby bag and wallet into action. THANK YOU EMMA! :)
This is me, 34 weeks along:
Talk to you soon and have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Carterfam said...

That's great! Way to go Phillies. Steve was a little scary for me... but loved seeing you guys this last weekend!
-Eric

Sean and Charity said...

What a beautiful preggo momma!!! Love you!