Saturday, November 8, 2008

Getting closer...

I can't believe this semester is coming to a close--the end is visible! It's crazy to think about. I took my last midterm for Spanish on Friday and I take my last midterm for Elang on the 17th. No more tests from there on out (I'm obviously not including finals!). Even though I have no more tests before finals, I have plenty to keep me busy: research papers. Life could be worse though, I'm sure.
I've spoken with my professors and I'm good to go and take my finals during the last week of school; so, moral of this story: PRAY that Lizzie doesn't arrive early because then the plan will be foiled! haha Seriously though--I want her to be a few days late. But, I know she will decide when she'll arrive. I'm thirty-five weeks along; my next appointment is on Nov. 18th. From that week on, I will visit my doc once a week until the big day.
Speaking of babies, Steve and Britney Holden (see posts below for pics of them) welcomed their first daughter on Thursday morning. Her name is Emrie Dawn and they will call her Emmy for short (SO cute)! Now that Britney has had her baby, I'm feeling a tad more nervous because that means I'M NEXT. (:0
What else of note has happened this week?...We attended our second prenatal class on Monday night. We watched the birth/delivery video. Well. Let's just say our eyes have been opened! I knew the delivery wouldn't be all glamorous, but still haha. One couple sitting behind us exclaimed, "This is much more graphic than TLC!!! [A Baby Story]" ;)
My brother Bill--Elder Jett--finally got to Colombia this week! He was supposed to leave on October 20th, but because of some difficulties with visas, he left a little later than expected. But he's there now! He called me from the DFW airport on Tuesday morning to let me know he was safe. His flights to Barranquilla: SLC to DFW, DFW to MIA, MIA to Bogota, then Bogota to Barranquilla after spending the night in the mission home. A long trip, but it was worth it. I'm so excited for him to be there :)
Football news: BYU won, 41-12, over San Diego State. Our last two games are away: @ Air Force, and the ultimate last game, @ Utah. Oh boy!
We went up to West Jordan on Friday night and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Carter. The big extended family Thanksgiving was on Saturday morning, so we figured it would be easier to be up there and go with them, than getting up early to get there (Bountiful) on time. Before we left for the get-together, Chris and I went to the Jordan River temple--beautiful! The family Thanksgiving was fun; there were so many people. (I think there were eighty chairs set up, around tables of course, and let me tell you, there may have been only one or two that were empty. WOW!) I met more of Chris's extended family so that was great.
We stopped by IKEA on the way home--one of the coolest stores ever! We picked up some more things for Lizzie's room: a yellow net to hang on the wall/ceiling for her stuffed animals; a changing pad; a little blue hamper with a turtle for its lid; and a red net, three-tier hanger for whatever we feel like putting there. This girl has a room of style--bright colors and lots of fun (sea) animals.
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for you this time. But, have a great week and I'll talk to you soon~ check the post below; I wrote it on Thursday. Love you!

No comments: