Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lizzie Update

I got an ultrasound this afternoon because my doc STILL couldn't feel the top of the baby's head through my cervix yesterday morning. We needed to know if she was head down like she should be.
And she is! Thank goodness. Lizzie's head is down, her feet are up. Here is one of her feet!

And we are happy. She's estimated to be a little under seven pounds right now. Although her due date is the twelfth of December, I was advised that she could come as early as the eighth or as late as the sixteenth, but the twelfth is still looking likely.
The technician was able to point out some hair on her head! Here is a side profile of her face. I think she has Chris's nose and his head. We shall see!


Her head, arms, and legs are all measuring as they should, all in proportion and everything is growing at the rate it should be. The placenta is where it should be, too (NOT blocking the cervix). The technician asked me if I knew what the baby was, and I told her it's a girl--that's what my doctor in TX told me, so we decided to confirm that again, and sure enough, she's a girl! That is her labia, which we can now see clearly because she's a lot bigger now.


Lastly, my amniotic fluid level is right on target. Not too much, not too little. Lizzie is pressing on my right kidney (apparently; I haven't had ANY back problems to tell me this), so I've been advised to sleep on my left side as much as I can. I find this hilarious because she hates my left side with a passion, so we'll see how that works.
We are happy to know some more specific details about our daughter. I see my doctor again on Tuesday, so we may have some more details about her then. <3

3 comments:

PiZzA said...

even though she's just a little black and white blip still, she's gorgeous. AH! i'm getting so excited!!!!!

Brianna said...

Hurray! I'm glad they let you see her and take the ultrasounds. Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Sarraphim said...

Well, if she hates it, then don't do it! Heh. You'll have to let us know how that goes, I'm fascinated now! :D Can't wait to see her!