Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twelve days, anyone?

Hello everyone!
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the holiday weekend up in West Jordan at Grandma and Grandpa Carter’s house. Thanksgiving Day was great; Uncle Spike, Aunt Andi, Mallory, Joel, and Nick came so we had a full table! As usual, everything tasted great. AND, I was introduced to cranberry relish (had to write about this for you, Bri). My good friend Brianna was telling me about her family’s recipe for cranberry relish and how good it is. The only cranberry anything I’ve ever seen is the goop that comes from the can (I’m not a big fan of it, if you couldn’t tell). And what do you know, Aunt Andi brought a small tub of cranberry relish and let me tell you—it’s great! I really liked it.
We didn’t do too much shopping on Black Friday, but we did go to see Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond movie. At the movie theater in West Jordan, the first showing of a movie is $5, so we decided we would see it. Bottom line—amazing! We really enjoyed it. The movie theater is in the middle of a HUGE shopping complex, and nothing really jumped out to us…except for Carter’s. Carter’s is a children’s store…and we went a little crazy! Let’s just say Lizzie was the beneficiary of this year’s holiday shopping. We got her a lot of cute outfits!
We went out again on Saturday, and we happened to stop by Ross, where we discovered the CUTEST shoes ever: a baby pair of Denver Broncos sneakers!


Needless to say, we had to buy them. If any of you out East happen to see an Eagles pair, send them our way!
While we were here, we put together a five-hundred piece puzzle. Man, those things are challenging! We hadn’t out together a puzzle in years, so it was a lot of fun, and we got it finished before we headed home.


We were invited to Salt Lake for dinner by our friends, the Belliston’s. Michelle used to go to BYU (that’s how Chris and I know her), but she transferred up to the University of Utah after she and Matt got married in the Salt Lake Temple. Now they are both studying music at the U. They are wonderful and we had a great time seeing them. :)
Here I am at thirty-eight weeks. Only twelve more days to go.

W0W. I can’t believe it. Oh yeah—I had my first Braxton-Hicks contractions on Friday night…now I know what they feel like haha. At every appointment, my doctor would ask if I had had any, but my answer was always “no,” and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But now I know. ;)
Hope you have a wonderful week. We’ll talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow, well at least now you can say yes this week. Hopefully they weren't too bad, and they won't get too uncomfortable in the next two weeks. Not that I know about such things. :) Those are darling shoes! You will have to show us the outfits the next time we are over in your neck of the woods.

PiZzA said...

I still can't believe she's going to be here so soon!!!!!!! And we will HAVE TO find a pair of those shoes with the Iggles on 'em!

Tay said...

Braxton hicks suck. but at least you know that SOMEthING is happening, right? I had them all weird-like for two weeks. sigh. I hope all goes well!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Mary It's Lauren Daw...now Rule! I found your blog off of Jamie's and I just wan to say how excited I am for you! 12 days!!! AHHHH!!!! You look so cute pregnant by the way! How is life????

The Zambrana's said...

Congratulations on being so close to seeing your little girl, and best of luck over these next two weeks!