Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome to April Showers...of snow

The most important news we have this week: WE HAVE A CONDO!
It's in Germantown, close to Lockheed, close to our chapel, close to the temple...man, could it be any better? I submit that it cannot!
It has two bedrooms, two baths; laundry room with washer and dryer--also room for a pantry--go food storage! Hardwood floors...as it's a first floor condo, we have a little patio with a storage closet attached. It's a lot bigger than what we have here in Provo. I readily admit that I am very excited to decorate a new bathroom and to search for a nice area rug for the living room :)
Chris and I signed the lease this week and we are very relieved and happy that the house hunt is over. Chris spent his first week and weekend out in MD house hunting and we had a few options that we were tossing around. Ultimately, this condo turned out to be our best option and we're thankful for the people who helped us (that includes you, Jessica!).
I spent the weekend at my Aunt Tawna and Uncle Dan's. I LOVE getting out of Provo! They live in Clearfield, and I always think of Chris when I'm there. He spent some time right down the road in East Layton, so I find myself imagining back to his mission days and wondering what it was like. I love going to the Nielson's and seeing the family and enjoying the kids who grow much too fast!

When the men go to the Priesthood session on Saturday night, we ladies stay behind with the kids and we have a pizza party! Everyone was very excited to meet Liz and she had a great time observing everything that was going on!

In addition to spending time with the Nielson's, this weekend was also wonderful because of General Conference. I wasn't able to listen to all of it as much as I have in the past (welcome to the world of a mother!) but what I did hear was what I needed to hear. My mom and I went to the Sunday afternoon session and it was FABULOUS. My aunt stayed with Liz in the little Conference Theater while Mom and I were in the Conference Center itself. And guess who we ran into--Ashley Anne Walker! She sat two seats down from us, a little Cape May reunion we had there ;)





So guess who I saw in the BYU Bookstore on Friday afternoon while heading to Biology? KIRBY HEYBOURNE! Yeah--the star of "The RM," "Singles Ward," etc. I saw a line coming out of the Bookstore and I wondered what the heck was going on and I happened to see Kirby! I had time before class so naturally I waited in line so I could get a picture! It was worth the wait :)


Enjoy some Liz! She rolled over for the first time on Friday afternoon and she had her first bath in a big tub on Saturday night--this was a big weekend for Miss Liz!














Some final thoughts: this is my last FULL week of college. I am graduating in eighteen days. Life is so sweet! :)

4 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I keep meaning to comment and tell you how gorgeous Lizzie is!!! She is such a little doll baby- she and Afton are going to be such good friends! Congratulations on graduating! Graduation goes down as one of the best days in my life. (After my wedding day and the birth of my children of course!)So when is the big move? We are so excited to have you close by. How much fun that you and Ashley sat so close at conference! I was also cracking up a the Kirby pics---only at BYU! Have a wonderful time at graduation!!!

Granny from Texas said...

I think this gem can't get any cuter, and then she proves me wrong. She is sooooooo beautiful. I miss her!!!

MILLIE said...

love the pics. I love the video for dad. It is SO CUTE. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! LOVE,
AUNT MILLIE

Erin Kane said...

love the brian regan reference!