Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello RAIN

I do love thunderstorms, especially East Coast thunderstorms, but rain today is NOT acceptable! Lizzie was supposed to get portraits done this morning at Brookside Gardens but alas, it's been raining all night and all morning. We've rescheduled for later this week, so I hope the rain stays away! Now we're working on laundry and having some fun :)


Lizzie had a rough week with sleeping because she's getting three more teeth. Here she says CHEESE for the camera!



Thirty-one weeks tomorrow...crazy to think we'll have another little lady in the house with us. We're excited to hold Miss Cate! I think I may be more excited than Chris or Lizzie because this last stage of pregnancy is always difficult and annoying, really. Why, do you ask? Oh let me tell you:
--Decline of speed. Makes it sometimes impossible to keep with the Whippersnapper.


--No matter what I eat, I get heartburn, especially at dinner time.
--I can no longer reach for items on high shelves...my belly gets in the way.
--I generally have to avoid bending down to retrieve something...thank goodness Liz is my little helper.
--I feel so stretched out NOW, but I STILL have nine more weeks of stretching out. Cate needs room to grow!
--Sleeping: What's that? Every time I need to turn over, I have to wake up and HEAVE myself onto my other side to get comfortable. And bathroom trips? Don't get me started.
--Going crazy/emotional/hysterical often...because of hormones or because a certain little person decides to "decorate" the white leather couch. Take your pick.


My life would be miserable without my husband. When I need a break from Miss Little Terror, he drops whatever he is doing and helps me maintain sanity. He takes Lizzie on "Daddy-Daughter" dates so I can have a few hours of quiet (I suspect these may become more frequent in the coming weeks). When Liz has trouble sleeping, he goes to her bedroom and rocks her back to sleep. When Liz and I are both cranky and ready to pull some hair, he takes her for little drives around the neighborhood so we ladies can calm down without resorting to bloodshed.
He makes us happy ladies!


Being a Mom is difficult at times, but having an understanding and caring husband keeps me going. Thank you, Christopher Mikel <3

PS: Thank you Marlee for reminding me--here's a belly shot @ 30 weeks:

7 comments:

Brianna said...

Can I just say I sympathize with you, and I am so glad Chris is there to take such great care of you! I love the pictures, they are wonderful. Hopefully the weather cooperates with the next photo shoot. I will try to send some of our Utah sunshine your way! :)

erica said...

I love the pictures Mary! You have such a cute family and an adorable little Lizzie. I can't wait for Miss Cate to arrive!

Oh my word--you said it girl! I am constantly daydreaming about sleeping through the night . . . and I'm not even the hungry baby! I guess it's just part of the journey. Stay sane keep the updates coming :)

Anonymous said...

magic eraser should fix the couch decorations

Marlee said...

I love the pictures! You should definitely post a belly picture! I miss ya girl!

PiZzA said...

i hope i find a man half as wonderful as my brother-in-law. :)

Francesca said...

Yay for an understanding husband! Brownie points for Chris.

I understand the sleeping problems. Last night I went pee like 3 times and woke up every hour! And no position is comfortable, and I'm not even as far along as you! I can't imagine how you're surviving.

Lois said...

Good luck surviving!! You can do it! If you ever need me to take Liz during the day just let me know. And yes - husbands are the best!! I don't know how I would survive without Jeff. Sounds like Chris is doing a great job taking care of you!!