Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend of Weddings

It was a quick weekend in NJ but well worth the drive. On Saturday afternoon we went to Genna Candell and Adam Volchko's wedding at the Cape May Chapel.
Genna and I were in Young Women together way back when (me as a young Beehive and Genna as a seasoned Laurel) and she looked beautiful. As soon as we got their invitation two months ago, I said to Chris that we had to go!

When I first entered the Young Women program, I pretty much hated church and its activities (I know, this is difficult to believe if you know me and my love for anything church related when I was a youth). I left the familiarity and the "big fish" title of Primary to be the lone Beehive amongst a ton of "intimidating" Laurels. I tried keeping to myself, but Genna and Jessica Walker (now Willis) always greeted me and always made sure I felt welcome. They even pushed me inside my mom's van when I made a fit about going to Girls' Camp! I will forever be grateful for both Genna and Jess's kindness to me in my early teen years. I've been to Jess's wedding and now Genna's wedding--I am happy that I was able to see them on their wedding days!
The Jett and Killion Ladies outside of the chapel

Little Miss "I-Can't-Sit-Still-for-ANYTHING-anymore" (Yes, we are very much looking forward to Nursery in less than TWO months!)

Katie and Joe in his fancy new suit!

Katie and Julia


Later that same afternoon, Chris and I hopped in trusty White Chocolate and drove up Rt. 55 to the Sewell Chapel for Rob and Sarah Naval's reception. Beautiful decorations, AWESOME food, good friends, MJ in charge of the music= true Jersey party time! (Sorry no pictures, Katie took our camera to a concert.) But I did steal this from facebook, so you can see the happiness of their day!


Here are some pictures of Lizzie from the week--





Me @ thirty-one weeks:

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Ooooh, love the colors on that top from the 31 week picture. Liz looks like she's being such a good helper for her mommy. :)

Meg said...

Man, I wish I could say I was excited for McKelle to go to nursery too, but she's already there, b/c I'm in there!! So even in a few months when she officially enters, not only will we have to wrestle with her all through sacrament, but I also get to continue the struggle for the last two hours of church! ha ha. P.S. You look like you need to pop woman! Get that baby out of there! Are you super uncomfortable yet?

Marlee said...

Thank you for another baby belly shot! I love it :) I totally miss you girl!