Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Confessions

Liz is watching Hercules (or Herkesis, as she calls him) and Cate is napping in the boppy= time to type some Friday Confessions!

1. I hate it when people call their pets babies. They're animals! What would happen if they ever had a human baby? Would it be their pet?!
2. Hercules is definitely the cutest male Disney character. Definitely.
...maybe it's because the movie is shown at least once a day in my house...
3. I want a second car. Preferably within the decade.
4. I wish the weekend started on Thursday. Perhaps it would last longer that way.
5. I'm looking forward to Cate's ear piercing at the end of the month. But I'm also not looking forward to it because knowing Cate, it will be a painful time. (Unlike with Liz, who cried for a total of ten seconds and has never been bothered with her earrings.)
6. I LOVE the Food Network! Easily my favorite channel to watch at night when the girls are in bed and before Chris gets home.
7. I want the floor around Lizzie's high chair to clean itself.
8. I HATE the bugs around this area! I have seen some NASTY creatures that I had never seen before moving here. The worst offenders: stinkbugs that creep into the house through the tiny gap in our sliding glass doors; the ginormous spiders that appear out of nowhere to torture me.
9. I love using onions in the dishes that I cook! Which is funny because I DETESTED onions while growing up. Every time we went to McDonald's as a family, I had a napkin in one hand and the top of my cheeseburger bun in the other hand--one big swipe of napkin would get rid of those little chopped onions for good! Now I use them all the time.
10. I'm comfortable in our 2 bdrm, 2 bath condo. I don't understand why some newlyweds want (and often buy) huge houses as soon as they get married--that's a lot of space to clean and to manage! I'm still working on how to keep THIS place clean!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love those confessions!

I must say with the house thing - we had a few reasons for buying a house. Our house isn't huge, but it is a nice sized rowhome in Philly. We got the house for a few reasons.

1) I never wanted to rent. I felt like once we outgrew an apartment, and went to buy a house, all the rent money we paid over the years, we wouldn't see a penny of it to put toward a house.

And 2) With our two dogs (That are definitely not my babies! lol), we wanted to be able to have a guest room with a closed door, which we'd have, if we would finally buy a mattress for it :-) For now we have the fold out couch.

Yes, it's tough keeping it as clean as I like, which is a big downer, but I love having the extra space.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I love your confessions too! I also don't get teh "I need a house now" thing. We are in a 3 bedroom apartment with 3 kids now and it is working just fine! Of course we have our house, but we were in our condo before that with our kids and I loved our home!
I love seeing your girls- what a beautiful family you have Mary!

PS- keep posting pictures with your broken camera- your parents have got to take pity on you at some point and buy you a new one....they want to see pictures of the grandgirls right???!

Love you!

Mary Killion said...

I see what you mean, Megan. I like your reasons for house buying too!
What I meant is I don't understand the whole entitlement attitude many people have nowadays--the "I-should-have-this-NOW" mentality. When you look back to our parents' generation, they worked for years and made do with hand-me-downs before purchasing new things. I know many people who think, "Well, I'm married so I should have a new house, a new car, etc." without thinking of all the debt they incur. I should have been more specific!

Francesca said...

I totally agree with the last one, both about cleaning and entitlement.