Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We don't have good luck...

...with cameras.

In February Lizzie dropped our camera on the stone pavement outside Independence Hall in Philly. We went pictureless for a time. And it was not fun.

On Friday, the Beast camera fell off of the stroller while the girls and I were at the park. While it continues to take pictures, something is wrong with the focus/sharpness and now all the pictures are blurry. I've tried everything I can think of but the blurriness remains.

Sigh.

So I guess the next few weeks/months of pictures will be blurry. In the meantime I'll research some options for new cameras for the Killion family. A small sleek number that can fit into the most protective case ever. Any suggestions on camera choice? (I like 10x or higher zoom.)

Last week was good. I don't ever remember such a hot September while I was growing up, but that's what this month has been like: high 90s. We've received some rain over here, which has cooled things down considerably.

Cate is now sleeping in a crib! We put her there on Sunday night and she slept straight through without any problems. Same thing last night! I'm still working out the details with bedtime. I brought out the bathing chair and Cate used it for the first time last night--she really likes it! Lizzie likes to "help" me wash Cate. Such a good big sister!

Bedtime seems to go more smoothly if I take Lizzie to her bed first. While she falls asleep, I feed Cate. Then Cate falls asleep and I drop her off in the crib (once I know that Liz is asleep for sure). Lizzie woke up before Cate this morning and Cate didn't even move a muscle. So far, so good!

School is still good for Chris. Sometimes the life/work/school balance can be very stressful but Chris handles everything so well. He's a good example for us when it comes to that sort of thing.

We skyped with my family and Chris's family last week--thank you Skype! It's nice for our families to actually see the girls, especially our Texas family because we can't drive there in 3.5 hours. (I wish we could drive there in that amount of time!)

Pictures from our week: the second half of the pictures will be really blurry, due to camera injury :(












5 comments:

Brianna said...

So sorry about your camera troubles! I hope you can find one that is a good price and does what you want it to. Of course, black Friday is coming, so maybe you can find a good deal then? But the pictures are still so cute - I love the one of Chris and the girls, it's so precious! I'm glad you got some rain, I can't wait for real autumn weather. Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Lois said...

That stinks about your camera!! I hate having camera issues. At least the blurry pictures have an artsy quality...

Zee said...

Ooh, I love cameras. Nothing makes me go tech-geek like camera shopping, haha! I'll do some research and see what I can find. ;)

Folks in Jersey/back east have been telling me it's been a *really* hot summer this year, which I don't envy, but at least they have the ocean close by (which I do envy).

Your girls are adorable. And I loved Dr. Seuss!

Devin & Rebecca said...

Hey Mary! Check out my friend's blog pot about her new camera. I think it sounds like a good one for you!
http://soaringoldfields.blogspot.com/2010/09/very-merry-un-birthday-to-me.html

Janae Wallace said...

I'm not sure what your price range is for the new camera, but when I needed one I shopped around like crazy! The one I ended up getting is the Sony Cyber-shot. It's 14.1 Megapixels so it's pretty clear. I got it for $129 because it was on sale. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Mine is only 4x zoom, but I know they have some with better zoom for a bit more. It's perfect for baby picture/video taking! You can always get a much better one for other, more artistic things too since this one isn't too bad in price :)