Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The sweet life of Liz and Cate

*About last post: Chris wanted me to clarify that he doesn't really have "lazy Saturdays" anymore; he spends the majority of the day prepping for the upcoming week of school. So maybe they're lazy Saturdays for the girls and me! :)

On Friday night, the Clark's and the Killion's drove up the road to Frederick for an Olive Garden dinner. Olive Garden was having their "never-ending pasta bowl" special so we took advantage of that! SO GOOD! Afterwards, we went to the Key Mall and let our girls play with cute puppies from the pet store and tire themselves out at the indoor play area. We all had a great night :)






Lizzie is now twenty-one months old, as of yesterday! Still speaking up a storm and learning new words and phrases. Our favorite: Chris was driving and he sneezed. Before I could say "bless you," we heard Lizzie's little voice from the backseat: "Bless you, Daddy." Tonight we skyped with my mom, Joe, and Julia; my mom told Joe to take a shower before he went to bed, so Lizzie reminded him: "JOE! Go shower!" She keeps me on my toes, that is FOR sure.

Cate will be three months old on the thirtieth. We've discovered she has inherited some of her parents' allergies, poor lady. Sometimes when we venture outside, her little eyes become red-rimmed and watery and she sneezes like crazy. The worst part about it is the fact that she's too young for allergy meds. She weighs close to 13 lbs. now, our Miss Chunky Monkey! Growing so fast and laughing, laughing. She's especially smiley when she gets her diaper changed, when she wakes up in the morning, and when she's about to take her bath at night.

Both girls like Mom and Dad's bed for naptime!

Watching big sister blow some bubbles

The master at work

Miss Mischief

Smile!

Sleeping in after a congested night

Who needs fries for ketchup dipping? My fingers work just fine.

I really like how bright Lizzie's hair looks with the flash

5 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

What a wonderful-looking family! :) Love it!

Evan and Amber said...

OH man I can't get over how different your girls look! I especially love the one lizzy and the ketchup that's how i knew Miss. Jett

Brianna said...

So sad that miss Cate has allergies! We understand those problems in our family. The pictures are wonderful and such fun! Does Liz want a puppy now? :-P I am sure Chris is working very hard at his classes and work, but it's ok if he does take a lazy hour or two now and then. ;-)

Meg said...

I'm already mouth-watering some more of that olive garden pasta! Could you possibly email me the pics that Chris took of the girls that night? I didn't have our camera! meganfclark@gmail.com

emily and kevin griffin said...

i can't believe how fast they are growing up! that's great that liz is talking so much! cate is such a cutie too!