Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Confessions

I know, I've been great with keeping up my Friday Confessions ;) Both girls are napping so it's the perfect time for me to write.

1. I've always been a total summer girl. But as I've gotten older, I've begun to appreciate the fall season. There's just something about the crisp air, colorful trees, the hoodies--hot chocolate--soccer games atmosphere that I'm beginning to admire fully. I think I appreciate the fall so much more now because I have some time to look around and enjoy it, and I want my girls to enjoy it when we go outside. Dear Autumn season, you're amazing!

2. Well, it happened. We were at the JRCLS dinner at GW and a fellow mom saw us Killion women; the girls were on my lap. She looked at Liz--smiled at her, looked at Cate--woman's eyes grew wide, then looked at me and asked: "Did you birth those babies?" In that exact tone as the italic and bold print imply, a tone of utter incredulity. I answered, "Yes, these are my girls. Aren't genetics amazing?" And she shut up.
First of all, who uses the word "BIRTH" as a verb anymore? (Besides doctors.) Second, there are far more tactful ways of asking me if I'm the mother of Liz and Cate. (Are they sisters? Are they related?--we answer these questions on a weekly basis.) I feel bad for my Miss Cate because I think we'll be asked questions of her for the rest of her life! I promise you all that she IS my child!!!

3. I miss BYU a lot more now that Bill's back on campus.

4. I think I've lost most of the baby weight, although I'm not completely sure because we don't have a scale in the house. All I know is that I am a lot more saggy around my middle, which I'm not liking too much.

5. I'm starting to discover that I've begun a few new projects around the house rather than complete one and move onto the next. A big change from my teen years!

This isn't a confession, but I wanted to share it--So last night Chris gave me a beautifully written card, celebrating our very first date (9/16/06) to the Utah State Fair. How lucky I am to have such a thoughtful husby! :)

4 comments:

Tay said...

Well, I obviously believe that you birthed (haha) them both seeing as I saw all of your pictures. And I LOVE that your girls look different - they will like that later when nobody mixes them up. There is, however, no doubt as to who their parents are.

Brianna said...

First - I love your response to that woman! A very classy response, I'm sure I wouldn't have been so cool about it. Some people are just unbelievable. I can see so much of both you and chris in both your girls. And being from a large family of girls who get mistaken for each other on a regular basis, I think they will enjoy growing up with their own unique looks AND personalities!

So sweet of chris to remember your first date! You guys are a great example of keeping the romance alive in your marriage, even with school and work and two kids to work around. :)

Evan and Amber said...

i love that your kids don't look alike...I think it is one of the coolest things ever...seriously. And i love that your husband remembered your first date, so thoughtful.

Emily said...

The girls are cute! I have a friend that is Spanish and her mom had a dream that she had a red-headed grandbaby... well, my friend married a redhead, but still didn't think it was possible- so I showed her your blog! They are SO cute!