Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week in review

We went to the J. Reuben Clark Law Society dinner on Wednesday. We took the Metro down to GW, which Liz loved. Chris studied for class on the way and Liz took notes!

Cate had fun with her hanging animals (she loves these things)!

It was definitely nice to meet the other LDS students who are in the GW law part-time and full-time programs (and it was definitely nice to get free dinner)! There is a Student Spouse Association, which I joined. The majority of the students reside on the Virginia side of DC, and as a result, most of the SSA activities are held in VA. I hope we can make it to a few!
Chris had to leave the dinner early because he had class. When the dinner ended, we ladies had an hour to spare so we walked the four blocks over to the White House.

We stopped to get a picture:

We were about to go all the way around the building when all of a sudden a ton of police officers appear and ask all of us pedestrians to go across the street. They cleared the place in under five minutes, and many people were gathering to see what was going on. Someone important was either leaving or entering the White House while we visited that night!

Chris finished his first paper for the semester. He was very smart to make an appointment to the writing lab early before all the slots filled up. Some of his classmates lost out! I sometimes feel like I'm going to law school (on a much smaller scale, of course) because Chris tells me about his classes; we sometimes discuss what his class discussed a few hours earlier. It's pretty cool!

The Clark ladies and the Killion ladies went over to the Unique Thrift store today. It's by far the biggest thrift shop I've ever been in! We all had fun, especially the girls. Their favorite spot was the toy section :)

Liz has been trying my patience a lot recently. She's so smart and it gets her into trouble! I tell her not to do something but she will find a way to do it. Thank goodness she's so cute.






At least Cate behaves herself...although it's because she has no other choice ;) She's becoming more vocal every day. She's very talkative at night. Liz likes to "hold" Cate a lot and Cate is always very patient with that!







In the end, these sisters enjoy the time they spend together and I enjoy watching them grow!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I'm so glad you got to meet some people from Chris' program! Steve is sometimes surprised at what I have picked up about computers just from his work and school. I think it's great when the wives get to share in their husbands' knowledge and experiences. I love looking at the pictures of the girls! They are too cute! And at least you know who the trouble is coming from. When Cate is older it might be harder to tell...unless they're in on it together... :-P we miss you guys!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

What beautiful little girls you have! I love Lizzie's hair in a ponytail! Afton has been a beast lately. It's the age. They say it is the "terrible two" but with all 3 of my kids it started around 18 months. I think the same thing though- if Afton weren't so cute I would have a lot less patience.
Ha! I was cracking up over the Unique Thrift store! Did you by chance go the "other side" of the building? That is where I went the first time I went there and I thought I was transported to a bazaar in another country! Venders were selling crazy things and I even saw a stand where men where placing bets on horses. It was insanity! Glad Chris is enjoying law school!