Friday, June 25, 2010

Cate's UPCOMING debut

Well. I had my last ultrasound today; my fluid levels are normal for the first time in a few weeks. Cate is estimated to weigh 8 lbs 3 ozs right now (ahh), give or take a pound in either direction (I hope it's toward the 7 lb end!). She's still quite comfy where she is, aka she hasn't engaged yet and my cervix is still pretty closed.

Now that we have this information, my doctor strongly recommended a repeat c-section. So we have one scheduled for Wednesday June 30, 11:30 am.

If I go into labor early and everything progresses without ANY complications, then Cate is born VBAC. If I go into labor early and problems arise, I will most likely have an emergency c-section, as I did with Lizzie. If Cate is late, I walk into the hospital for my scheduled c-section.

So, we can safely say that Cate will be here by June 30th no matter what! Let's see how these next five days unfold...stay tuned :)

6 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow. How are you feeling about that? I'll bet it feels nice to know that she'll at least be here by then. And if you do vbac with her and she does weigh more...well, I can tell you it's not easy, but I know you can do it! Keep us posted, and we're keeping you in our prayers!

Rachelle said...

I love chunky babies! I hope you get your VBAC though! My second baby was born VBAC, but the doctors didn't catch how big she was (9lb 11oz!!!) I'm sure everything will turn out absolutely beautifully. Congrats!!

Mary Killion said...

Oh my gosh Rachelle I didn't know Phoebe was a VBAC...and that she weighed 9lb 11oz!!! You are awesome!

Bri, I feel SO good about this! Originally the doc scheduled me for a July 2nd c-section and I almost died--"I can't wait that long, Doctor!!" But then the receptionist called me later and said that both the 1st and the 2nd of July were booked; would June 30th work for me? I said ABSOLUTELY!!! hahaha
Pretty much I have a narrow pelvic area so I don't know if any baby I have will make it through that way easily haha! I want her here by c-section rather than no way at all :)

Emily said...

Good Luck! However she gets here she is a lucky little girl! Or big girl!

Francesca said...

Don't give up on VBAC if it doesn't happen this time. I know women who've had VBACs after 2 C-sections! Whatever happens, I pray that you and Cate are healthy and happy.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Congratulations! You are gonna do great and we can't wait to meet her! Enjoy your mom before the baby comes!