Monday, June 21, 2010

T-minus seven days...

We hope you had a Happy Father's Day yesterday! :)

This past week was great. We had our friend McKelle over to play!
The girls showed me all the different types of food they like out of the grocery cart.


Grandma and Grandpa Carter sent us a package from Utah! Two BEAUTIFUL blankets for Cate (white crochet blanket; kelly green quilt) and a baby doll with its own blanket for Liz! That baby doll rarely leaves her sight now :)
She gives Baby juice when it's thirsty

And she reads to Baby while Baby relaxes on the couch


We went to the pool again on Saturday, mostly because Chris had to go into the office for a few hours and we were tired of the house. I took Liz into the big pool for the first time this season and she decided it's much better than the kiddie pool! And guess who fell asleep on the walk home?


We stopped by Michael's on Saturday night and Chris hit the jackpot--he found some letters that I can paint to spell C-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-E on the wall in the girls' bedroom. So excited! My mom has all the paints so she's going to bring them on Sunday. I was going to wait for my mom to arrive so we could go ribbon-shopping for the bassinet, but I couldn't wait...so we bought some! haha
Chris put the bassinet together yesterday and I experimented with the ribbon. We like it! I may put more blue and purple ribbon around, but I don't want the bassinet to be gaudy, so we'll see.

Close-up


So I mentioned earlier, my mom will be here on Sunday, along with my youngest sister Julia. I know Aunt Julia will be a big help with the girls, especially Lizzie. It's still difficult to believe that June 28th is literally right around the corner...we are very excited to greet our newest family member.

Chris and I were discussing how Lizzie just felt like she had been with us forever as soon as she was born.


We're looking forward to feeling that same way with Cate--like she's been a part of the family forever!


At my ultrasound this past week, there's nothing going on. Cate's still quite comfortable right where she is--she hasn't "engaged" yet; I'm not effaced or dilated. But that was the same with Lizzie, so no complaints or surprises. Cate will arrive when she's ready :)

Me @ 38 weeks (I forgot to take pictures for weeks 36 and 37)

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I can't believe it's so close! Glad your family will be there.