Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

* My format got all messed up halfway through this post, sorry!

What a holiday weekend! We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Chris proposed to me four years ago today; seems like it was just yesterday...

My family arrived just after 3pm on Thursday afternoon and we headed for Frederick to go to Golden Corral! When we got there, the line was out the door. We only waited about thirty minutes or so--we kept ourselves busy with the camera!






Once we got inside, we didn't have to wait for anything besides the meat (a line for turkey, steak, ham, etc). The Heit's and the Turman's were just a table away :) We had a great time while we ate to our hearts' delight. Our only disappointment: they ran out of pumpkin pie! A felony! But we forgive you, Golden Corral ;)




We took our time getting ready on Black Friday, but my dad took my mom to Kohl's so she could pick up a few items. One important thing we did: we pierced Cate's ears! She didn't take it as well as Lizzie did. She screamed and screamed...and screamed some more. Miss Cate was pretty sore for a bit but the worst is over. What a cutie :D
Before

After



On Saturday we drove to Ellicott City for a train show! (My dad loves trains.) It was pretty cool--the place was packed, wall-to-wall of trains of every kind. There were even some models of the Hogwarts Express :D There was a kid section with crafts and toys, which Lizzie loved!







Santa was there too so we had to get a picture with him and the Killion ladies!


We had planned on going to Harpers Ferry, WV for some sightseeing, but it was SO WINDY. We couldn't believe how cold it was. So we'll save Harpers Ferry for another day, when the weather is more tolerable. We went over to the Frederick Mall for some shopping and some playtime with a puppy!

On Sunday my family joined us in our ward. I have been released as the Enrichment Meeting Coordinator (or Relief Society Meeting Coordinator, whichever you want to call it!); Chris and I have been called to be Primary teachers! The four year olds, very cute kids. This is the first time we've been involved with the Primary...well, since we were in Primary ourselves haha. This should be fun!

Oatmeal cereal for the first time...not the biggest fan! haha
Little Cate is five months old today, by the way :)

Watching some clips of WCHS's Fiddler on youtube!


Lois and I went visiting teaching today (yes, we go on the last day of the month because we are awesome) and she shared excerpts from President Monson's talk "The Divine Gift of Gratitude." He pointed out that with the miracle of the loaves and the fishes, Christ was first thankful for the little that He had BEFORE the miracle occurred. Being thankful for the little things is important, much more important than obsessing over that which we don't have.

I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a fantastic husband who works full time, goes to law school part time, and still manages to make time for his wife and his girls. I have two beautiful little ladies who continually remind me of my calling as a mother. We have wonderful families who love us, the Jett's and the Killion's. We have a roof over our heads; we have a car that runs; we have clothes to keep us warm. Chris has a job that allows me to put food on the table night after night. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with these gifts.

Remember all the good with which you are blessed!

2 comments: