Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving festivities

Thursday was great! The RS meeting was a complete success and I walked away with a lot of new ideas for creating traditions for the holidays with our little Killion family. I made a white Texas sheet cake for the "4th of July" part of the night, using my Gram's recipe. I'm so thankful it turned out really well!

(I used pie filling for the flag decorations, instead of fresh fruit which is readily available in the summer. It was Chris's idea and it was so tasty!)

Later that night I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1, with Bethel, Terri, Karen, Allison, Maricel, and Heather. It was INCREDIBLE! I mean, the book is always better, but the whole spirit of the book was captured with what was showed on the screen. I'm already having a difficult time waiting for Pt. 2 to come to theaters!

Chris took a final on Friday night--and got a 15/16 on it; GO HUSBAND!--and we took off for NJ!
Sis. Walker hosted a baby shower for Corie in the early afternoon. As always, it was wonderful to get together with the branch ladies for some great food and fun times! Lauren (and Logan, but he wasn't at the shower!) flew out for the holiday--so great to see her! Corie is now well-stocked for Baby #2!



Later that night was the Saturday performance of Wildwood Catholic High School's production of The Fiddler on the Roof! It. Was. FABULOUS! This play was done my freshman year of high school, so many of the songs were familiar to me. I loved every minute of it. Joe was spectacular. He got a standing ovation that night--he was engaging, funny, and wonderful with the part of Tevye. Next to him, Katie had the BEST voice up on that stage. She played a terrific Yente--with plenty of humor. Everyone, and I mean everyone, came up to me at the end of the night to tell me what talented siblings I have. I am so proud of their hard work and dedication.
The girls fell asleep before the end of the show, but I'm sure they enjoyed what they saw!


With our Yente

With our Tevye


We went to church in Cape May on Sunday, which was wonderful of course. My family had extra tickets for the Sunday matinee production of Fiddler so Cate and I went again. Fabulous!

We're back home in MD because my family will be driving here for Thanksgiving tomorrow! And guess how we're celebrating?

Golden Corral.

Yep. I said it!
It's something Chris and his family used to do while he was growing up, so he suggested it to my dad, who readily agreed. It will be lots of fun and I'm already looking forward to ZERO preparation and clean-up :) My family will stay for the weekend too! So exciting!

Lizzie said her very first prayer last night! It was beyond cute. She also said the prayer at lunch today. Go Liz! Lately, Cate isn't happy unless she has something in her mouth. She loves teething rings (Liz never really did) so thankfully we have plenty of them for Miss Cate!





3 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow, that cake looks yummy! Good job to your siblings, I'm sure they were amazing. I really like the no-prep or cleanup too! I think it's the perfect way to celebrate. Watch out, looks like the girls are getting attached to your Vera Bradley stuff! :-D Happy holidays!

matheus said...

cool

Francesca said...

I never tire of saying how darling the girls are! Hopefully you never tire of hearing it.

I would have loved to see Fiddler!