Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November already!

Happy November to you! All the leaves are turning colors and falling off the trees.

It's now pretty cold; we've got out our jackets, hats, and scarves.
My parents celebrated their twenty-fourth anniversary yesterday--what a great way to begin the month of November. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

On Friday night, the Heit's were SO kind to babysit the girls while Chris took me out to dinner. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and it was absolutely fabulous! We now know why it is a favorite of our good friends, the Holden's! We brought back a slice of pumpkin pecan cheesecake for Lois and Jeff. It was a great night thanks to our friends!

On Saturday...oh, where to begin...well, the girls and I ran a few errands while Chris studied and began his paper. He had to meet with one of his professor on GW's campus in the early afternoon so we thought we would all go down together. We'd take the Metro down to GW, we girls could walk around the campus while Chris had his meeting, etc. It all sounded good out loud.

But it didn't turn out as well as it sounded.

We both completely forgot about that "Restore Sanity" rally downtown, and we didn't realize it was going on until we saw signs everywhere. Okay, we figured they shouldn't give us too much of a problem. We would take the Metro out of the city before anything got too crowded.

No. The rally ended just as Chris's meeting ended...the trip back to our home, which normally takes us forty-five minutes, took over three hours on Saturday. People were crowded into the Metro cars like cattle; thousands of people were trying to get out of the city the same time we were trying to get out of the city.

After the sixth time of much-too-crammed-space Metro cars passing us by, Cate and I managed to squeeze into a car--with Cate's car seat and my diaper bag. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable ride until some people got off just outside of DC. Poor Cate began to cry when we first got on, but some women gave us their seats which was so nice. Lizzie and Chris got onto the Metro awhile later because no one could make room for him with the double stroller and Lizzie. We didn't meet up again until the Shady Grove parking garage. We ended up missing the chili cook-off part of our ward's Halloween party, but thankfully we got there just in time for the girls to go trunk-or-treating. They got many compliments on their costumes and they got quite a bit of candy!
Picture uploader is being funny...I'll try to put up the Halloween pictures later.

Some pictures for you!





Some confessions for you!
1.The first CD I ever bought was AQUA. Yes, I bought it solely to listen to the song Barbie Girl.
2. I was twenty years old the first time I pumped gas for our car in Fort Worth, TX. And I called Chris when he was at work to make sure I was doing it properly.
3. I nearly cried when I saw the Morris Center's attempt at serving "cheesesteaks" for dinner as a BYU freshman in Fall 2005. Cold cheese slices and some pieces of beef on a hot dog-style bun? Major fail.
4. I no longer consider myself a morning person. I am ashamed to admit this.
5. I think I served some form of a chicken-and-rice bake three times a week for the first six months Chris and I were married. Poor guy! But he still ate it :)

4 comments:

Meg said...

I also hate traveling out of d.c. in huge crowds! The exact same thing happened to us as we were leaving the cherry blossom festival in the spring. The metro station was jam packed, we couldn't even get OFF the metro when we needed to change lines b/c there were SOO many people in the station! We were with Dave's brother, his wife and little boy so we too had strollers, kids, and the like. Oh D.C.- it's a love-hate relationship :)

Suzy J said...

I totally stole your confessions. Hope that's ok! I love them! Now Dawn is doing them too. I love that I get to know you better! Hope all is well. We will miss y'all this year for BINGO! You look amazing and the girls are gorgeous! I wanna steal Kate!

Suzy J said...

I meant Cate. :)

Lois said...

I never told you how fabulous that cheesecake was!! THANK YOU! And those peanut/chocolate rice crispy treats - were amazing!! I'm glad your metro trip yesterday went well and wasn't a repeat of the one the week before. :P