Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Avoiding studying...

Yes, it's true. I should be studying for my three final exams, but I'm not. Story of my life (as well as everyone else's lives too, I'm sure).
Chris woke up yesterday with a sore throat, but we thought nothing of it. When the doorbell rang at 11:15 am, I was a little suspicious and nervous because no one comes by that early around here. I open the door, and it's Chris! He wasn't feeling well at all--all flushed and hot to the touch. I told him to go to be where he remained for much of the afternoon. We ended up watching the first seven episodes of ALIAS. Bottom line, we are now addicted and we will have to keep watching until we are finished Season 3 (I have seasons one, two, and three, courtesy of my cousin Christa). Man, I had forgotten how much I love that show! SO INTENSE!
We went to the doctor's this morning; we waited forever, but oh well. So the doctor says it's not strep--a relief! We went to Neighborhood Wal-mart to get his prescription filled, and while we waited, we FINALLY went grocery shopping.
Yeah, we had next to nothing in our fridge. No eggs, no bread, no apple or orange juice, no beef, no cereal...it was actually somewhat an adventure because it forced me to really investigate our small pantry to create something for our dinners for the past few days. For instance, I made this Lentil Soup yesterday...we each had a bowl...and I bet that is all we will have, although there are two containers worth of leftovers on the second shelf! Life cracks me up.
I have some news to share, but I won't share it until I tell Chris that I want to share it here. It involves some more planning and prayers on our part; I will let you know soon!

3 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

what's the news?? you can't say things like that and just leave us hangin'!!
(feel better soon Chris!)

Brianna said...

I second that! You have to share with us (if Chris says it's ok), now you have my curiosity peaked. :) Hope Chris is feeling better!!!

Meg said...

okay, so I totally need to know the news, too. come on mary! you can't do these kinds of things to me!