Monday, February 4, 2008

Goodness Gracious

So today is the last day to register to vote in Texas for the March primary, and I need to register because that will stabilize my residency here. I dropped Chris off at Lockheed this morning; nice drive, lots of traffic but no standstills. Almost home--I pull off of 820 onto Beach, turn onto Fossil Vista, go into our complex. Park our white '05 Taurus, appropriately named White Chocolate, in the BEST spot (because everyone else is off at work), I walk up the stairs.
As I walk up the stairs, I reach down into my purse because that's where my keys should be. Key word: SHOULD. Yes, that's right. I soon realize that I don't have my set of keys. They are safely locked, right on the other side of the door, inside the apartment. Chris locked the door with his set, but neither of us remembered to mention that as we kissed goodbye and I pulled away.
hahaha I had to laugh. My first inclination was to get upset, but what the heck? Who wants to be mad at 7:30 am? No room for that on an early, beautiful Monday morning. Did I mention that i's absolutely gorgeous outside today--70 and climbing? Ahhh good ole Texas.
The office doesn't open until 10 am. So I drove to my in-laws and that is how I'm writing now. I'll be taking Mark to the doctor today, then taking that voter-registering paper downtown. One plus--roads won't be too busy because it's not rush hour.
Oh yes-- we went to UT Arlington on Saturday--looking verrrrrrrrrry promising, especially in terms of cost. That's a good thing because Lockheed will reimburse Chris--we are so lucky for that! Their business school options allow for much flexibility, which is wonderfully accomodating. UTA= probable candidate for Chris's future MBA.
I finished my application to UTA last night; Chris will finish his soon. If all goes according to plan, we'll both be traveling to UTA during the fall semester!

4 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

we just love you guys...way to be optimistic Mary. I don't know what I'll do when I don't have a central building that holds a spare key to my house!

Brianna said...

Wow, Mary, way to stay calm! :) Hopefully it doesn't happen too often. :D

Brianna said...

PS - Tag you're IT! Go to my blog to read more. :) Have a great day!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Hi Mary...so to add the list of friends, just go to your blog layout, add a page element, then add Link List. THen, once you're in the link list put in the link, and under that you can put what you want the link to show up as on your page. Kinda hard to explain, but if you play around with it you'll get it...good luck!!