Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tired but Happy

Well, yes, I am tired but I can't help but smile when I wake up in the morning and I begin a new day. Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity.
Chris got home from work a little after 5:30 (traffic was SO bad off of 820). He threw on some clothes and we rushed to go pick up our Webelos for the night's activity, to begin at 6 pm. Normally we don't meet til 7pm, but we needed to leave early to catch John's game in Springtown, so we decided to meet early.
The boys were so excited to build a fire and grill their own cheeseburgers. I remained in the kitchen to watch the waffle fries and I made banana cream parfaits for the boys' dessert. Man--food does wonders for young boys (older boys, too!) They were in heaven, scarfing down their cheeseburgers, waffle fries, pickles (claussen of course), suicide drinks (raspberry ice crystal light, sprite, caf free diet coke--combined), and parfaits. They loved it! Chris and I are so lucky to have a great group of boys.
Then we rushed them back to the church on Beach Street (I really love how the church building is on Beach Street here in FW...makes me feel somewhat close to NJ) and headed off to Springtown. The boonies. Honestly, as soon as you get a a few miles away from the highway, anywhere around here, everything vanishes and you're left with places like "Lynne's Tavern," "Old Plantation Meats," and "Jr's Quick Stop", complete with scattered random tires, wafting skunk smells, and proudy displayed confederate flags. It cracks me up!
Fossil Ridge crushed Springtown...80-34. Man, those Springtown players were dirty! Lots of pushing and bad words flying out of mouths so fast, left and right, my head was gonna fall off. John played well.
Chris and I went home to IHOP! National Pancake Day yesterday, baby. I was so excited. I didn't make myself a burger with the boys, so I was hungry. It kinda took forever, but that's okay. Free food is free food, you know? Especially to a college student...poor college student...
Got home to watch some Jay Leno and Headlines--we live for Headlines--and proceeded to wind down for the night. Needless to say, we were TIRED. We even read our scriptures in bed.
What makes me smile in the mornings is my husband. The alarm on my phone goes off, I hop out of bed, turn it off, proceed to bathroom. Chris gingerly sits up...and stays there there. Just staring off into space. Sits there some more, doesn't move a muscle...until I finally throw a glance into the bedroom to signal "You should really get up now."
Haha I'm not making fun of my husby; I just think he looks so cute sitting there, all...tired and sleepy. I would love nothing more than to carefully push him back down to sleep (and he would be out in less than a minute, really), but...alas=the dreaded place called Work beckons him from White Settlement, Texas.

No comments: